Part-Time, One-Year Contract Development and Communications Specialist
The Oklahoma Public Health Association is seeking a Contract Development and Communications Specialist to support strategic efforts for the Local Community‐Based Workforce to Increase COVID‐19 Vaccine Access. This position will report to the OPHA Executive Board and work closely with the Board President and grant partners. This position is part-time and pays $20/hr.
· Collaborate with the Executive Board to implement communications strategies that maximize OPHA’s visibility across public and private sectors, donor networks and public policy, to increase awareness of COVID-19, Community Health Outreach Workers, and access to COVID-19 testing and vaccinations.
· Draft copy and designs for high-quality print and electronic marketing materials including brochures, project summaries, technical one-pagers, social media graphics, fundraising appeals and marketing collateral.
· Develop consistent and effective content for key platforms, including OPHA’s website, social media, and the annual report.
· Partner with the OPHA Executive Board to create and manage OPHA graphics utilized on the website, annual report, marketing materials and presentations regarding COVID-19 vaccination information and education efforts.
· Lead the identification of new communications channels, platforms and events that can best deliver OPHA’s messaging to strategically unique needs populations.
· Contribute to social media strategies across LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to engage a target audience and develop long term growth.
· Manage all updates and lead any redesign of OPHA’s website regarding COVID-19.
· Collaborate with OPHA Executive Board to identify, craft and showcase compelling stories that convey OPHA’s mission.
· Create an archive of materials that document the organization's history, projects, staff, board, funding and press coverage
· Maintain photo archive and coordinate obtaining new photo contracts of current projects
· 1-2 years of communications, graphic design, or marketing experience (ideally in a non-profit or public health related setting)
· Bachelor's Degree preferred
· Track record of building creative concepts
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in the design platforms like Canva and Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop
· Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural competencies; organizational and project management skills that demonstrate an ability to successfully collaborate with a variety of departments and stakeholders
· Flexibility, attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to multitask
· Experience planning social media campaigns preferred
· Fluency in English, and proficiency in Spanish major plus
Contract: This is a contract and conditional position to support HRSA 21-140 grant activities through the end of July 2022.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.